3.24.2011

The Learning Never Stops

I have just begun to understudy with another artist by the name of Daniel Colvin.  He has a fine arts degree in printmaking and paper making and owns Cobenick Studios in Columbus, Ohio. 
www.cobenickstudios.com

It seems although I have been making paper for years, my growth has been nominal due to the fact it's just me.  It has been great learning the techniques and tricks of the trade of another.  I am already making a finer sheet of paper. 

We are also going to begin some book-binding very soon.  The Coptic stitch is my new interest and I cannot wait to get this down and have a few journals under my belt.  The Coptic stitch allow for the book to open all the way and lie flat. This is optimal for sketchers, painters, and journalists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coptic_binding

No comments:

Post a Comment