3.17.2014

Motivational Monday - Happy St. Patrick's Day


Praise the ripe field not the green corn.
                                               ~Irish Proverb



This is an old garden of mine from many years ago.  I tilled each section by hand, as I did not own a rototiller at the time.  I would lay grass cuttings on the pathways each time I mowed and the grass slowly turned brown and soft to bare feet.    I even collected rocks to line my pathway!

In the top photograph I placed an old wrought iron head board and called it my "Flower Bed". I will most definitely do that again.  Little pathways lead you to a comfortable place to sit and enjoy a mason jar full of sweet tea in the sunshine.

I look forward to having a similar garden again.  the big bush in the far rear right of the photograph above are collard green.  I can remember many a "greens & corn bread" get-together.


Let nature and warmer breezes motivate you to do the things you love even if you don't own the correct tools to do it with.  


Oh do I look forward to having a back "yard" that is not all patio.  :)




Peace, Love, and Handmade Paper,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment