2.01.2014

Fiber Frenzy Friday - Present Project Path

Here are a few photographs from a current project I am working on in cahoots with Beta by Design and Granville Elementary Schools.  


The paper was pulled thickly and varnished on one side for increased durability as well as making the outside of the covers water-resistant.  

Sizing has been added to all the sheets and cover to water proof that paper itself as well.  

This ensures that if the paper were to get wet it will not turn right back into pulp!


These will be the front and back cover to a 10x10 illustrated book.  


The book will tell the story of the "Blue Ace" the school mascot.   The children are writing the story and compiling illustrations now.  I am excited to the book upon completion.  I will make sure to share it with you all in a later blog.

The embroidery thread you see here will be used to bind the book together.  : ) I wasn't sure exactly what shade I wanted so I grabbed a few.  

I decided upon the darkest one below.  What do you think?


Peace, Love, and Handmade Paper,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment