11.11.2013

Motivational Monday - Past Poetic Pondering

Words motivate and inspire me.  Do they inspire you?  Whether it's lyrics to a song, words to a poem, spoken word or a great speech; it can move and inspire people to feel and do.  Today for Motivational Monday I am sharing a poem I wrote some 15+ years ago.  I hope you find it builds your spirit and makes you feel a part of everything, because you are.

The Art of Nature

The lake here is so peaceful.
So serene are the ripples that flow across its glass like surface.
The sun is slowly rising in a brilliant sky, lighting the water like a million fireworks.
As i sit, i feel as if the world is sitting still in thought.
I can hear God speaking through the wind in the trees, whispering the truth.
The truth of why the sky is blue and why the day lilies only bloom once.
The truth that everything is one, the one ripple of water that turns over and over upon itself to create this beautiful vision before me.

The birds are rejoicing this morning and singing as the fish dance around my feet.
The flowers here seem to be bowing to the sun.
Thanking Him for the new day.

I sit here in silence, just listening and watching.
He is speaking, He is always speaking.
Spoken in a whisper that will echo across space and time.


It will make the earth tremble, the birds sing, and the flowers bow to the sun.

A poem by Erin Hartline Copyright 2013 




 All photography by Erin Hartline Copyright 2013


Peace, Love, and Handmade Paper,
Erin




No comments:

Post a Comment