11.18.2013

Motivational Monday - Why Are You Here?



We all have our roads to wander, personal paths that no other can travel, bridges to cross, and internal and external battles and barricades to break down. 




No one is free from pain and misfortune, but everyone is free to deal and overcome the best way they know how.

   

We all have cracks and imperfections, don't we? 



Here are some of my cracks:

***It is a fact I went to school once with bruises on my face***

***It is a fact I never finished high school and ran away from home.***


I was tired of seeing life askew through some others distorted lens.  So I changed my path.

***It is a fact that I was homeless for the first 8 months when I quit school***

***It is a fact that I lived out of my car in the McDonald's parking lot for 2 weeks***

***It is a fact I bootlegged a hotel room for over month because I had nowhere to go and I wasn't old enough to rent a room. An angel knew I needed shelter.***


***It is a fact I was stuck in Austin, TX when I was 18 for over a month before I found a ride home***

***It is a fact that I have lost everything but the clothes on my back 4 times in my life if you include the time our house burned down when I was in 7th grade.***

***It is a fact I have seen 5 divorces between my 2 parents.***

WOW ! 

OK, just writing this down brings back so much nervous energy.  I am sure you may have had or are having experiences like this.  None of us are free from pain and misfortune.  
Right about now you are probably thinking isn't this Motivational Monday?!? Ugh! Right?

Well, continue reading…

Because…it's the imperfections that make us unique!

I believe the world wants good things for us, I believe if you take a leap of faith Mother Earth, The Good Spirit, God or whatever your name for the power that is, will provide.

***It is also a fact that I continued on with my education and received a G.E.D. within 2 years of leaving home and a college degree within another 8 years.***

***It is also a fact that forgiveness can mend broken relationships.  IF it doesn't mend the relationship I promise it will your heart.  ***

***It is also a fact that I am now in debt to the bank for home ownership. Sooo no more parking lots or bootlegged hotel rooms***

***It is also a fact that I still love to thrift shop even though I can afford to shop a little differently now.***

***It is also a fact that I have found my partner in crime, life and love.  My first marriage and love of my life took me 37 years to find.  It took him 44 years to find me so at least I didn't have to wait that long!***


I am a baby-stepper and I don't live my life according to other peoples calendars. 



Take your own steps on your time, enjoy your journey for it is yours and yours alone.  



If a barricade presents itself, know that the light is just beyond.
Don't Give Up!



Peace, Love, and Handmade Paper,
Erin




No comments:

Post a Comment