11.20.2013

Whimsy Wednesday - Funny Furry Families


My step-fathers old dog I titled this photograph "The Dog Days of Summer"

It is true that not only children bring love, light, and humor to our lives but so do our pets.  Our pets are our funny furry family members, are they not?


 My husband and I personally have the entire food chain in our home and I am shocked that National Geographic has not asked for videos concerning the ability for long lives in a household of animals that should want to eat other.  :)  

At first we did have some troubles with the dog wanting to eat the cats, and the cats wanting to eat the bird or the fish.  It has calmed with some training and treats and now they may not be "best buds"  but they live fairly harmoniously together.  

We have had the kitties the longest.  Dharma is the old curmudgeon of the family.  Hissing at everyone and meowing incessantly to get outside.  She has a beautiful silver/grey coat, white gloves, and white thigh-highs, and a long white stripe down her belly.   She is a pretty girl and she knows it.  

Dharma on the deck
Dharma hiding
Dharma loving life

 Kai-Lynn is our youngest kitty and just happenstances upon our back yard a few years ago.  She fell asleep in my husbands arms on the back deck and from that moment forward she was part of our family.  She is the sweetest and most well behaved of all our pets.  Her tiny little meow almost sounds broken.  She is very quiet and very loving.  What is interesting about Kai-Lynn is she looks almost identical to my old cat "Spook" I had to put down a few years back, just smaller.  

Kai-Lynn wants to take a peak



Saying hello to whoever may be outside


"Reflection"


We recently added a dog to our petting zoo.  So far we have not started charging admission.  Sally showed up during my husband and I's second wedding reception that we had in our back yard.  It rained profusely all day!  Gr.  She was lost and needed shelter to get dry.  Obviously, after having a few libations everyone was feeling nice.  So someone put her up on our outdoor couch and fed her some bread.  We all know what happens after that.  She never left.  :)

Nap Time


How can you not love this face!

Sally on the deck

Sally after a bath

I had to add the goat my mother and step-father used to have.  Here you can see she wanted to be a part of the family activity of blowing bubbles.  :)  She picked up the wand and was ready to go!  She was RAM-bunctious!  lol! :)



This is Gizmo, my girl-friend Autumn's pup.  His hobbies are eating basketballs and traveling to Hawaii in his free time.  


OK and how about this monkey?  Haven't you always wanted a monkey?  I have!  


I just changed the layout of my blog and I hope it makes it easier for those who want to follow me.  I think the google button is now more visible.  Please let me know if you try and have issues.  I will work on making it more user friendly if so.  Thanks again for joining me today!

Have a wonderful and whimsical Wednesday!  See y'all Friday!

Peace, Love, and Handmade Paper,
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment